Caligo Safe Wash Relief Inks will handle and print like any traditional oil based ink but these inks have been formulated so they can be safely and easily washed away with soap and water. You don't need solvents to clean up Caligo Safe Wash Relief Inks.
- Oil-based ink for all relief techniques including woodcut, linocut, monotype, engraving and Solarplate
- Soap and water clean up - no solvents required
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Ink will not reactivate with water after it is fully dry
- Lightfast and highly pigmented
- Excellent for any studio where solvents cannot be used solvents to clean up Caligo Safe Wash Relief Inks.
All of the inks except for Light Orange, Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber are made from single, pure pigments, meaning they are excellent for mixing your own vibrant colors.
The inks can be printed on dry or damp paper. Since they are designed to emulsify in soap and water, it is recommended that you keep your paper fairly dry and make sure there is no surface water on the paper.